Moscow & Saint Petersburg – Two capitals of Russia!
Visit two capitals! Spend 4 days in each city!
Take an overnight sleeper train and save on 2 nights!
Moscow – the capital of Russia, a great mixture of history and modern life, a political, scientific, historical, architectural and business centre, from which power and might of the Russian state developed.
St. Petersburg, the former capital of Imperial Russia, one of the world’s most beautiful cities, full of beautiful palaces, known as the Venice of the North thanks to many canals and bridges. You can visit the city in a snowy Russian winter or during romantic “white nights”(May-July).
PROGRAMME IN MOSCOW includes:
- accommodation 3 nights at Hostel in central Moscow (clean & safe, 6-8 per room, bunk beds, breakfast & dinner at cafe)
- Guided bus tour around Moscow: Red Square, historical Alexander Gardens and Manezh square, the largest in Russia Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, beautiful Novodevichy Monastery with the tombs of the most notable people, the Moscow State University at Sparrow Hills and the observation point to see all of Moscow, Theatre Square with the Bolshoi Theatre, Arbat street, many famous streets and squares;
- Guided tour to the Moscow Kremlin: Tsar Bell&Tsar Cannon, Kremlin Palaces, famous cathedrals, museums & Kremlin Armoury - the oldest museum in Russia and one of the richest, with crown jewels, historic arms and armour, costumes and furnishings, icons and manuscripts, coaches, sleighs, state carriages;
- Visit to the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts
the National Museum of Russian Fine Art (the Tretyakov Gallery)
– both are among the biggest museums in the world
- Visit to Kolomenskoye, the old imperial estate with its picturesque landscape, the wonderful house of Peter the Great built in 1702, several charming wooden buildings built by many of the country's Tsars, tent-roofed 62-meter Church of the Ascension. Traditional Russian tea with pancakes.
- *Optionals: performance in Moscow Circus (from $20), visit to Lenin's Mausoleum in Red Square (free)
PROGRAMME IN St. PETERSBURG includes:
- accommodation 3 nights at Hostel in central Saint Petersburg (clean & safe, 6-8 per room, bunk beds, breakfast & dinner at cafe)
- Guided bus tour around St. Petersburg: Palace Square, Saint Isaac’s Square, Hermitage Museum, Spit of Vasilyevskiy Island, Rostral Columns, Field of Mars, Summer Garden, Smolny Cathedral, Tauride Palace, Admiralty Board, The Bronze Horseman, cruiser «Аurora»
- Visit to The Peter and Paul Fortress - the burial place of the Russian Tsars from Peter the Great onward
- Guided tour to Saint Isaac’s Cathedral with its gilded cupola dominating the city and 300 steps to the cathedral’s dome to enjoy the views over the city
- Guided tour to Hermitage Museum with the world’s largest collections of art including works by Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Titian, Rembrandt, Matisse, Picasso as well as many other old masters and impressionists.
- Guided tour to the Imperial suburbs of St. Petersburg (one by choice):
- Tsarskoye Selo - a former country residence of the Russian emperors from the XVIII-XIX centuries. Catherine's Palace with the unique Amber Room. Palace Park - with magnificent palaces, monuments, pavilions and park sculptures.
- Peterhof (Petrodvorets) - a jewel of Russian art with parks, palaces and fountains, former summer residence of the Russian Tsars, Grand Palace - the most famous palace used for gala receptions
- *Optionals: The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, The Russian Museum, Zoological Museum and Kunstkamera, boat trip along the channels
Cost includes return transfers in both cities and overnight sleeper train Moscow - St.Petersburg - Moscow.
Cost - per personin a school group accompanied by teachers:
Period: 02.03.2016 - 25.05.2016 & 15.09.2016 - 01.03.2017
15kids+2gr-l - 670 Eur / 480 GBP / 44000 Rub
25kids+3gr-l - 600 Eur / 440 GBP / 39000 Rub